What are the questions that I need to ask for my childs teacher and school ?

He is just starting kindergarden.

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• You should ask what is the curriculum for the day.How will he/she keep in touch with you on how your child is doing(ie..newslatters,phone calls,etc).How long has she been teaching this grade(makes a big difference).Ask if you can volunteer :) Now when children start kindgarten,they should know their letters and recognize as many as possible,count to 10 at least,how to tie their shoes, how to go to BR alone and clean themselve(yes some children start school not knowing how to do this)how to dress themselves, etc. Writing at least their first name, colors, shapes. I know this is a lot, but kindergarten is a little more advanced than it was years ago.I hope this helps a little bit.I know I wrote more than what you asked.

Answer by Kat122 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2008