What is you bed time routine with your kids?

My son no longer falls to sleep drinking milk at night so I want to make a new bed time routine. Thought I would see what all the cafe mom moms are doing.

hadassah1582

Asked by hadassah1582 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• for my 15 month old ... usually around 9:30 i put him in a nice warm bath with all of his toys and let him play for a while, wash him all up, and then take him out.. put A&D ointment on his butt, and put lotion all over him, get him dressed. let him watch nick jr and play for a while, and then make him a baba and take him in the bed with me.. if he doesnt fall asleep drinking his baba, he will roll around until he falls asleep. i also like to use johnson & johnson help baby sleep better bed time bath lotion & soap..it works
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• well I have twin boys that are 18 months and the bedtime routine is dinner, bath, and a little down time. Then we go upstairs saying the whole way up that it's time for bed, and lay them down in their beds explaining to them it's time for "big boy night night time"....tell them we love them...give them hugs and kisses and turn the lights off and come back downstairs....they voice their displeasure, but they quiet down quickly and then slip off to sleep :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My 2 year old has had the same routine since he a tiny baby...
    He has a bath, then PJ's he goes to his room where he gets stories, then lights out and he gets his songs sung to him... and then it's time to sleep.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Bath, cuddle time, last minute snack, brush teeth, book, and bed.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My son is 14 months and this has worked for us since about 7 months:

bath, finish milk if left from dinner, brush teeth, cuddle as much as he will let me (hes a mover), read book, give him kisses tell him where his nose eyes etc are, give him his blanket and leave the room.

Sometimes he will play quietly for an hour in his crib but will fall asleep without a peep
    AmandaBug

Answer by AmandaBug at 12:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• dinner, then bath, pj's, brush teeth, lay in bed & read for 30 minutes, sing our song, then prayers. She is out like a light.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010