Do you lie?

Do you lie or withhold information from your DH/SO that you think will upset him or cause him to judge you (referring to romantic past, numbers, acts, orgasms, etc)? Do you do this now or just early on? If you do, why? Do you fear not being accepted or are your secrets too dark to admit?

I have done this in the past, but want to tell DH everything as I feel we have both grown. I want him to know everything about me, and I am convinced he'll be OK with things and appreciate the honesty...but to do so, I have to admit some lies and omissions.

Do you have any secrets? Why do you hide them and will you ever tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• No. I have nothing to hide from him.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes, lied about my # of partners when we first started out. It Creeped me out when he asked due to a timing issue, but he nows the truth now and its not something we discuss anymore and doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm happy coming clean and happy that he accepts the truth. There should be no lies and if the love is true, there should be acceptance regardless of what the truth is. Your past is part of what makes you who you are today...let him know who you are....wouldn't you be happier with the truth out there and just being accepted. If he can't handle/accept it, is that what you really want anyway?
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 11:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No i tell me husband everything. I don't keep secrets.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• He doesn't want to know anything about me and sex before him. I have never lied, and he has never asked. I will tell him if he actually asked.
    I don't think coming clean now will be a positive. I think guys have feeble self esteems. I am not sure changing his view of you can actually help, unless things are bad between you.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Lol, I know this sounds kind of dumb.. But I lied about my number of partners to my now husband. I had only been with one man prior to him and I told him I had been with 3 bc I didnt want him to think I was 'inexperienced'.. Or something? Lol, I dont know why I did it. Lol. I wound up telling him the truth but not until years later.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Ps- I was 16 at the time.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think you have to trend lightly. If you have lied or omitted things I think you have to wait until just the right time. Don't just blert it out. I think you should be honest with him.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nothing to lie about.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No I don't.I know that from experience.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:16 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Unfortunately, my hubby knows EVERYTHING about me.....The good, the bad, and the (very) ugly........and for some unknown reason, he still loves me (I don't get it, lol).........I also hate the fact that he has so much damn dirt on me, lol.........You do what feels right in your heart. Tell your hubby whatever you want......it will make you love him that much more......
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 21, 2010