i think she pregnant but she hasn't said a word she's only 16

i'm a single mother myse;f w/ 2 girls 16 and 26 and i adopted my nephew he 5 she has a boy friend she changed and so is her body she been eatin me out of house and home too she think i haven't notice but i know wat am i 2 do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Ask her and if she denies it, make her take a pregnancy test. My sister denied her pregnancy and didn't tell anyone until she drove herself to the hospital and gave birth. The whole time we all knew she was pregnant, but she kept insisting she wasn't. My mom even told her she was gonna make her take a pregnancy test and my sister said "ok, then do it." But my mom never did and my sister ended up getting no prenatal treatment whatsoever.
    Anonymous

• Can you talk to her? Does she seem withdrawn or emotional lately?

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I guess your talking about the 16 year old.Ask her if she is pregnant. If she says no,tell her to stop eating so much

Answer by louise2 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• What do you mean by she's changed? Could she be high? When I was about 17 I had a boyfriend that introduced me to weed, and I was high a lot. It makes you want to eat all the time. I would agree maybe just aske her. You don't have to call her out on it, but maybe just sit her down and tell her the things you've noticed and that you're worried. Ket her know that you're there for her and if anything's going on you will help her. I would think if she's pregnant and hiding it it's because she's either scared of your reaction, or planning an abortion.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 2:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• she's against abortions and she changed she come right home and go in her room and lay down she moody and the bottom half of her stomach look bigger it's flat but gets big at the bottom i love her she my baby girl
    Anonymous

• Why not schedule a doctor appointment? Tell her she needs to have her yearly physical done.

If you have always had an open relationship, sit down and have a heart to heart talk with her. She may be scared and afraid of your reaction to the news.

Good luck!
    tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yea to me it sounds like shes pregnant you need to take her to the doctor
    Anonymous

• just cuz your daughter is 16 doesnt mean anything at that age i myself got pregnant, and had a baby at 17, the best advice to tell you is communicate with your daughter, be up front with her, you need to have a key to communication, she might be too afraid to talk to you, and you want your daughter to be healthy regardless of what she desides, its hard just ask me, but u dont want her to do something that would harm her health or the baby, she might be scared out of her mind, she needs u to be there for her, just remember your mom and shes going to need u more then ever, on the other hand, if shes not dont be afraid to make sure that shes having safe sex and that shes on the birth control, something thats going to be right for her, i remember after the fact, my ma and i talked about birthcontrol after i had my baby, my ma said to me theres no way that i could go on the pill cuz i would forget, and she was right, i would have.
    shanalove_06

Answer by shanalove_06 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree with some of the other moms. I would ask your daughter outright if she is pregnant or not. I would also ask her if she is doing drugs. If she says no to either question I would take her to the doctor and have them do blood tests to check and see if she is lying. If she isn't then she is just being a moddy teenager or something is going on between her and her boyfriend and you need to separate them. Or she could be depressed. That might be something you want to talk to a doctor about too. Kids will self-medicate by eating, which could explain why her tummy is getting chubby. All you can really so is ask her and take her to a doctor. Have the doctors get to the bottom of why she is changing in attitude and appearance and why her appetite has become so big! I hope you can help your daughter!
    mommabunnyof4

Answer by mommabunnyof4 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• if you need someone to talk to about this or have any questions feel free to ask me im 16 and i have a 4 1/2 month old
    MiasMommy6908

Answer by MiasMommy6908 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008