• In the Spotlight:

I have a 3year old and everynight when my husband gets home from work, no matter how quiet he is she still wakes up and will not go back to sleep, I need suggestions:

We have tried the supernanny stay in bed technique but she thinks its a game. If we put the gate up she destroyes her room

amsmommy2005

Asked by amsmommy2005 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Change her bed time. She wants to play with her daddy. When does he get home anyway? Any reason she can't just have fun time with Daddy, then read a book and go back to bed? Daddys are very important to 3 yr olds!
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i agree, even if she doesn't have "play" time with daddy when he gets home, she needs some time. my 3 yo just loves to play with daddy. if she has time b4 daddy goes to work that may be just as good. or have daddy be the one to take care of her when he gets home. Some special time with daddy should help.
    lavendaar

Answer by lavendaar at 3:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If it were me, i would put a noise maker in her room, ex water sounds, thunder, crickets, ect to drown out the sound of him coming home. Or adjust the bed time to were he can put her to bed.
    justmary203

Answer by justmary203 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2008