What time should a 5 yr old go to bed if he sleeps til 1pm?

my son had a very long day and went to bed around 10 pm.... then there were storms rolling through around 4 am and he was awake from then until about 6 am and he went back to sleep until 1pm.
He's going to be up all night!!! He is still wide awake!! I would like to be in bed by 1am ....not sure it will happen though..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Do bedtime routine have him lay in bed with the lights as low as possible and read quietly to him. I had to do this with my 5 yr old a couple times after he had surgery. We kept telling him he'd be asleep the whole time, then he got to where he didn't want to fall asleep alone, just read quietly to him in a low, monotone voice. Otherwise, call it quits after 30 minutes, tell him to stay in his bed and play quietly- but tomorrow- WAKE HIM UP!!! Don't let him sleep late again or it won't end easily. Get him up at 7:30 or 8 what ever time he needs to be up for school.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Warm bath and a glass of milk? Rocking in the rocking chair, snuggling up with mommy and a good book.....
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would just take him to bed with you and put on cartoons for him. I sometimes do that if my daughter claims she isnt tired. They dont want to be up alone. And the Tv should help. He only slept 13 hours, a few extra than usual? Maybe he will go to sleep a few hours later than usual?
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• age 5? IF it were my sons, they would be in their bed regardless, they can sit and read a book till they fall asleep. There are little exceptions in our house for bed time curfew.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2010