So, what do you do with something like this: Suicide/ Topix.net- CAUTION. adult content

Wednesday, this girl posted on Topix.net that she was looking for a way to kill herself. She did it. They found her body today. Here is both links. What could have been done, or do you think anything at all? It sickens me to think that someone could have prevented this.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1658345.html

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/sikeston-mo/T6VSVUPI1O2EDD7TO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know how much could have been done. If she was being completely honest with everyone about what she had done, one of the posters responding to her was right. ODing on Tylenol can be worse if you survive it even initially, too much can do organ damage and she may have died a slow painful death. She seemed very determined to do what she set out to do, so there is no telling if any emergency responders could have made it on time to save her, even if only for a while (because of the tylenol). A lot of the posters responding to her tried to talk her out of it, she seemed very determined. I feel bad for the people she left behind.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would have called the cops then, or local FBI. I would have also looked for any way to contact her, whether it's an email or whatever... You can do a lot with just a full name and a city... And tried to locate any relatives or friends as well.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• All you can do is report it. She sounded very determined and there wasn't anything anyone could have said or done. I don't like to speak ill of the dead but it speaks volumes of her for putting such a burden on a bunch of strangers. I pray her family finds peace... Its hard to ever wrap your head around why someone commits suicide.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Uh,,,,,The post should have been reported ASAP to the Topix (never heard of it) forum monitors.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• That's so sad. I agree it should have been reported. The ad thing s most people dont take that stuff serious. It's hard to sometimes when people post that stuff just to be funny when in fact it isnt.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Are you sure that's the same person?
    Geez, that's absolutely horrid. These sites need to be revamped. So when someone, like that asshole that told her to put a bullet in her head, can be shut down. I feel so sorry for her, and her family. I sure hope it was just her depression talking when she said no one was there for her. She said even her husband wasn't there for her.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Oh, and in response to the comments that jerk made (giving her other suggestions of ways to do herself in), first, understand that I am not defending him. The problem is that in a multimedia setting it's hard to know who is being serious and who is lying to get attention. I am willing to bet that more people lie than are telling the truth when it comes to killing themselves (talking about it on a public forum). It was extremely insensitive and I would always err on the side of caution, even if I didn't think the situation was real.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• hmm. crazy.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree it should have been reported, and shame on the people for posting. BUT by her asking the question herself was a way of trying to kill herself. She was going to do it wether or not she posted. Without help, she would have still done it. Sad....
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It should have been reported to the fbi net watch they have agents who will find locations and stop things like this. It's sad.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 21, 2010