it is normal????

so i was wondering is it normal to be 38 weeks not dilatin or cervix softenin hasnt lost mucus plug or aint havin like 1 to 3 contractions a day i guess they are contractions cuz i get like a period cramp and then it goes away cuz my dr said i should be having contractions by now and should be loosing my plug but nothinnyet i go back monday and im hopin im dilated any but im not gettin my hopes up high then find out im not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's normal - no worries! I didn't have any contractions until I was 41 weeks!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's completely normal.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• All normal. I never really dilated or lost my plug until it was go time. Good luck! :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• very normal
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Completely normal! Don't stress about it, the baby will let you know when it's ready to come out. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• agreed don't worry about it, i didn't lose my DD at all till they popped my water in the hosp, my DS i lost it the same day i delivered him. i was right on time with DD and 2 days past with DS so don't worry. no contractions with DD till the time to go to hosp, and had them for a week with DS.
    mommything03

Answer by mommything03 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Cervical dilation tells nothing about when you're going into labor or even how you're progressing. Some women have contractions but don't feel them, some women don't have any contractions until labor hits. You can walk around 4 cm dilated for weeks or go from 0 to 10 in a matter of hours.

This is why I don't agree with checking for cervical dilation. It tells you nothing, is possibly emotionally damaging for the mother, and introduces risk for infection. If I were you I would decline the check and have faith that your body is working and will go into labor when baby is ready.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 5:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• anywhere from 38-42 weeks is considered normal
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It is completly normal. I was 41 weeks I was only dilated half a cm and I hadn't had much contractions or thinned out. I didn't lose my mucus plug until I actually had her.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:10 AM on Aug. 21, 2010