35 wks...

I am 35 wks and 5 days I will be 36 wks or 9mths on Sunday I had a dr. apt today and he said I am thinned out and that he would be suprised if I made it for 2 more weeks I got my 3rd shot of steroids I had got my first set when I was 6mths becuase I do have a history or pre-term babies and I took another shot today so do you think his lungs will be mature enough if born anytime before 38wks? I am kind of scared becuase I do have irregular contractions and I am scared I will think it's false labor and I have a high pain tolerence and the contractions hardly bother me...

babycakeschris

Asked by babycakeschris at 12:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are probably just having Braxton Hicks. I am sure at this point your baby will most likely be fine. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The dr. said that I am def. having contractions I get monitered twice a week and I had some today.
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Your baby will still probably weigh 6lbs or so and be overall healthy. I've never had a preemie but I wouldn't consider 36 weeks to be dangerous... That is right about the point to where I wouldn't freak out too much. Earlier than 36 weeks and I would have some anxiety.

I do wish you luck... I am sure baby will be fine. Now you should just rest Momma!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am speaking for myself on this one because I know it always varies depending on the person. At 36weeks I was admitted for very high BP and I had preeclampsia. I already was going to schedule a Csection on th 37th week if my daughter didnt flip. Ironically, the morning of my 37th week, I was wheeled to the operating room waiting for the man to come in and administer my epideral, I had an eclamptic seizure instead. She cut me open with no meds and I ended up going blind from the magnesium sulfate they gave me to stop the seizure. When the took my daughter out, she was pefrectly healthy for being 5lbs and 3 weeks early. There were no issues with her heart, lungs, or brain....I got lucky. I think if your doctor says you are healthy and the baby looks healthy, i wouldnt worry too much about it.
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had a preemie, and she came right as I was starting my 35th week. She had no lungs, and we almost lost her. I would say that if you are getting those steriod shots, and you make it to the middle of next week (when you are 36 weeks), you should be okay. Just DON'T STRESS ABOUT IT this weekend, and get plenty of rest! Good luck!!!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Thanks for all the comments it's just scary I am healthy and so is baby but I think I want to get an amnio test done just to be sure that his lungs are developed and if he is to be born soon he would be okay with my dd I had 2set of shots so 4 shots in all and her lungs werent developed with the first 2 shots so they had to give me another set and I was 36 wks at the time and on the last day of my 36wks I had her but the second dose of shots worked...
    babycakeschris

Comment by babycakeschris (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Her chances of being very healthy with no problems are quite high at this point. You've had 3 steriod shots which will put her at a great advantage, she's a girl which makes her a better candidate for being a premie than a boy (boys develop slower), and you are near the end of your pregnancy.

MOST babies born at this stage will go home with mom and will have little if any issues. While it's best for baby to stay in as long as possible to get every benefit of that happy, healthy 9 months....a delivery right now wouldn't be the end of the world.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think your baby will be alright being that 37 weeks is considered full term and if they think your baby will be born at 38 weeks then that's even better, since most women go either 2 weeks before their due date or 2 weeks after. Good luck.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2010