• In the Spotlight:

how often do you and your SO argue?

i know all marriages argue, how much do you two usually argue? does your SO apologize or anything afterwards? is it mostly one or the other that says sorry afterwards or 50/50? do you two ever cuss at one another? do they say things like "i dont care" to you or "shut up" about issues? do they raise their voice with an indignant tone and instead of talkng things out they say "i dont care" and refuse to talk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• We only argue when he's wrong. We don't say "shut up" or "I don't care" but we don't argue about a lot of things.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• We go in spurts. Sometimes we won't argue for months...other times it seems like that's all we do. We've had very few "heated" arguments where cursing and nasty things were said. Also, we're usually pretty good at apologizing to each other after hurtful words are exchanged. Usually, the one who feels they were wrong will apologize first...other times one will apologize just to get back to our loving relationship.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have to say that my SO and I have never argued. We talk through everything as it happens and share our feelings. We are also completely honest and matter of fact with each other so that also prevents arguements. We are both divorced and both came from marriages that were dysfunctional. I think that we both learned from our previous marriages on how to be successful in relationships.

I will say that with my ex hubby that it was just one massive constant arguement.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• 9 times out of 10 i will apologize and let it go, not because i feel guilty but i hate the negative feelings. i can never get him to talk or resolve the issues, he just gets mad if i push talking about it and we'll say "i dont care" and ill tell him thats pretty selfish to say that and we need to communicate and he'll walk away and say "well i am selfish , i dont care" i love my husband and he's a good man and a good daddy, but he is really insensitive and thinks that im being weak when i get upset over these things, he wont console me if i start crying cause he says i dont have a good reason to cry which only makes it worse. im a really emotional woman, and he is lacking emotion. i wont leave him or anything but i need to resolve this
    Anonymous

• Me and Dh argue alot. especially since we've just started to realize that its time to focus on getting settled rather than playtime. We have less time now that we're both working and his boss has been sick so he's been carrying the load since everything falls on him when she's gone. Less time means the time that we do get usually goes to our DD rather then us. I think we've had sex once in the past month when were used to at least twice a day. On top of everything we've both been getting sick. But, with all of that said, I still love him. I want to strangle him sometimes and sometimes I let the F bomb slip but I always apologize. he's getting better at the apologizing thing. He used to just walk off when we argued. Now he works harder on talking and I used to want to "discuss" everything. Now I've started realizing sometimes it's best to cool off and let him do the same and then talk.
    myleesmom

Answer by myleesmom at 2:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• just wondering... are you a sahm?
    myleesmom

Answer by myleesmom at 2:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• we dont argue a lot...but when we do, he's just so insensitive. im starting to get sick of it. and even after i say sorry even if i did nothing wrong, he wont say sorry back he just smiles and says thanks. he only apologized to me once....and that was because he knew he crossed a line cause he compared me to his ex wife. other than that...he never apologizes. he's never been a really emotional person so i have to accept that i guess, but he never used to talk to me like this either
    Anonymous

• yes I am a sahm with our toddler
    Anonymous

• PM me if you want ..
    I went throught that a couple months back except mine got really bad to the point where I started making acusations
    myleesmom

Answer by myleesmom at 2:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i try my hardest to be a "good wife" and mom and sometimes i think maybe its me? im just not a good wife and i push him too much? but thats really bs. maybe i am difficult, possibly...i am very emotional and that can be trying on some men. but when your SO cries over something you said,you shouldnt say "oh here we go again" and walk away from her tearing up. thats just bs...he cried one time...once...over a year ago, he had just got back from a year oversea's and the argument was so bad i took off in the middle of a storm , i came back drenched and he was crying at the table...i was still pissed but instantly i held him and we talked it out. i just wish he would show me that sometimes
    Anonymous