short or long hair?

What do you prefer for yourself?

I have long verrryy thick hair. Im getting married in November and Im thinking about cutting it medium short after the wedding..I havent had it cut short in 5 years so...i was just wondering what people prefer for themselves and any advice on any cute medium short hair styles!!!

Thanks, Ashley

camysmom7

Asked by camysmom7 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I like long. I am trying to get mine to grow back out after several bad bleaching issues. Sigh....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have long and thick hair. In the summer I get layers, with the shortest layer just a little past my chin. Short hair doesn't look good on me.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I prefer long hair...so does my husband. He doesn't think girls should have short hair, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yeah. I have long layers now. I live in Florida and its very hot..most of all a change..i love my hair just wanna do something different!
    camysmom7

Comment by camysmom7 (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am a shoulder-length preference person.............I just love that I can wash it and style it in only 5 minutes......I have long layers put in the back, and just love to get up and go!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 1:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I wish I had long hair
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think it should depend on your hair type and your face shape... some girls don't look good with short hair, others look fabulous while other girls can wear it a number of different ways.

Personally I love to change mine up, but am aware of my face shape and how to enhance certain features and hid others with the right cut. I can go from short to medium long hair, so long as (as I stated) I have the right cut for the length I have it. Any longer than medium long (about mid back) makes my hair look too thin so that just won't work.. and I have to keep some wisp around my chin area to soften a squarish face (not square square, but a square oval like face). I also have to be aware of collicks in my fringe area and a widows peek, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• for you.. I would go with a style no shorter than chin length.. with a little wisps around the chin area.. try not to get too heavy on the layers near the top of your head because it could elongate your face making it too oblong. A side part can really soften the face too.. maybe a side swept bang but keep them long.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:50 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I used to have shorter hair, but now it is longer. I don't get to the salon but maybe twice a year so I keep mine long and layered, tapered on the sides. I have naturally curly/wavy hair so I'm a big roller on the top kinda gal and when its hot, it gets pinned up.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have long hair and I have had it that way for more then 30 yrs. My dh has some long hair to which he doesn't have much. He prefers women and girls with long hair he thinks as well as me that most women & girls who have short hair just don't look good.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2010