ANY TIPS FOR A 38 YEAR OLD MOM GOING BACK TO SCHOOL ??

Please help i am 38 and now since i have 2 in college i am wating to go back I Went and registered and i got in and got the pell so now i am in school and i am nervous ..any suggestions will be helpful , i hope the homework is not too hard its been 20 years since i been in school

minorgirlsmom

Asked by minorgirlsmom at 12:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in

• congrads. ask questions and study @ the library and try to join study groups and get involved. your ages dont matter all that much. your a college student enjoy your college years.lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I work at a community college and you would not believe how many other people are in your same situation. You are not alone, and you just need to take things slowly and not get overwhelmed and give up. A date book is VERY helpful - take each syllabus and write down all the class meetings, assignments, and tests in your date book. The other poster had a great suggestion about not going home to study - go to the library, find a coffee shop, join a study group. It is often easier to focus when you are not at home where there are many chores and distractions. You said your kids are in college - are they close by? Make study dates with them! It's easier to stay on task when you have a buddy. Good luck! You can do it!!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:16 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Coffee and don't go home to study! I would get off work and go to Dennys, ask for a booth, order a salad and work.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I've only been out of college for 2 years, but I'm really nervous, too! I agree with the person who said to not study at home, or at least not much. It's really hard for some reason. Just keep reminding yourself that you can do it! Sorry I can't help more. Good luck!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Take it slow, find somewhere other than home to study and don't forget that going to your professor for help is sometimes the best thing you can do.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I received my college degree when my kids were toddlers. I took easier courses at first. That way, you can get used to the academics and doing homework. There are usually "core" courses you have to take along with whatever subject you are getting your degree in. take the core courses first also. It is amazing how a lot of the information you learned before will come back to you. ENJOY COLLEGE! Also, pace yourself...very important.
    Kim370

Answer by Kim370 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• good luck!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Also, don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help. I 100% agree with the no studying at home! Good Luck!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Thank you Ladies and one of my girls is out of town but one is still here , I also have a child in high school and she would love to help . THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS KEEP EM COMING ! And i most definately will not go home to do homeowrk cause i know i will fall asleep ..lol

REGINA
    minorgirlsmom

Comment by minorgirlsmom (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Lots of coffee, study at Starbucks, sit in the front row in class, take easy classes to start with, do your homework as soon as possible don't leave it to the last minute

Best fo luck!
    xpandyourmind

Answer by xpandyourmind at 3:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

Next question in
how many????

Next question overall (Beauty & Style)
short or long hair?