I am lonely....

what can I do about being lonely, depressed, and having no friends? Also, I have anger issues because of the loneliness. I think it is affecting my health too.

Kim370

Asked by Kim370 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with above posters. Working out helps a lot. If I don't work out in some way at least three times a week I feel sluggish. Hobbies help a lot too. If you're always productively busy then you will feel so much better. Find something you really like to do and take classes where you can learn more on your hobby and meet new friends. If you're into artsy stuff Michael's and JoAnne's both have good classes. Read, find books you actually like instead of picking up random ones and trying to force yourself to get through them! More importantly than anything get off the internet. I say this kindly it is so easy to waste away two or five or ten hours on the internet and it just makes you feel worse. I know my aunts therapist told her to cut internet back to 30 minutes a day and when she did she said she hated to admit it but she felt so much better. Therapy isn't a bad idea either! Good luck :) Feel better!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• First off, work out. 2nd, do something special with your kid at least once a week. And if you need medical help than go get it. Everyone gets lonely but no one wants to hurt their family bc of it.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:48 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Find something you enjoy and involve yourself in it, try counseling

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Get out there and do something...walking, join a health club, volunteer, join a group...reading club, card club, motorcycle club...there are clubs for just about anything you can think of. Just get started. God Bless you!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 12:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Try joining a group on here to find a mom close to you, or looking for a mommy n me group, that way you get to be around adults, too!
    Vari3tyTonight

Answer by Vari3tyTonight at 1:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• get some counseling pronto. anger and depression can take you really far down... (voice of experience)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Find a hobby, read a book, go take a walk in the park or something. If all that fails, seek help from a professional.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• try enjoy your time with your child & try counseling & if you need to go to the doctor & need meds then go right ahead but you should also spend time with you mom go out socialize get your hair done nails done pamper yourself go to a spa & relax
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010