My husband is quoting smokeing! And now he's takeing his frustration out on me! What do I do!?

He's been smokeing since he was 13 and now he's 21

Ugh what do I do

jmcwilly

Asked by jmcwilly at 12:51 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow. my heart goes out to you, I've seen how big of jerks guys can be trying to quit. He needs to find a new hobby or get a hotel til he's normal again! LOL I know that's not helpful, but just try to be supportive, ignore as much as you can, and remind yourself and him why he's quitting. Good Luck!!! :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Is he kidding???? Sounds like an excuse to be mean to you, if you ask me......he's so YOUNG!!! Try being my age (38), and I have been smoking since I was 14..........Tell him to knock it off, and go have another piece of Nicorette gum, lol.....good luck to him (and you!).....
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Be patient. Understand that he his having a hard time and that the withdrawal is making him irritable and grumpy. It's nothing personal, but this is something he truly can't help. Just take take offense and do anything you can to make his time easier so that he doesn't give in. If he gets too grumpy, go in another room.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• He needs another hobby, perhaps a way to take his anger out.
    Something with a lot of whacking perhaps? :P

Whatever it is good luck!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• don't take offense*
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Hell, I think I'd subtlely stick the patch on him somewhere from time to time when his moods are the worst...lol!
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My SO had been smoking since that age too (weird), he's 48 now though and just quit. He has not smoked in about 6 or 7 weeks now, but lucky for me he's doing super good with it! He was actually in jail for a while, which kind of forced him to quit and just got out last week. I still smoke and have no plans to quit EVER, I enjoy it too much!
    I would suggest you try to steer clear of him as much as possible! I tried to quit once, lasted less than 24 hours and I quite LITERALY felt homicidal after only a few hours with out nicotine. Nicotine is THE most addictive drug!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• withdrawal is withdrawal. I did a research paper years ago on it, and there were claims that nicotine withdrawl is harder on you than heroine withdrawal.

think he would consider acupuncture? helps with withdrawal a lot.

wonder how bad the withdrawal will be for that 2 year old kid that smokes(saw a video on it)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• tell him to man up lol

No seriously though, he is going through withdrawl, it will be hard on him, its not okay for him to take it out on you. Is he going cold turkey, trying a gum, etc. Is he seeing anyone for help to quit. I think I would try to let him know how he is making me feel, but also give him some leeway while he is making such a hard step.
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 1:12 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• That's the same thing I was going to say. Let him try some nicotine gum. He needs something else to do with his hands. Buy him a handheld video game or some type of system, that will help him channel, his energy and help him focus.
    msE2u

Answer by msE2u at 1:22 AM on Aug. 21, 2010