How do I make teaching my kids fun...?

Fun activities for ABC 's and 123's any suggestions?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When we wast teaching my daughter her ABC's we would make a game out of it, we also did a reward chart, once she memorized so many letters we gave her a small surprise and when she finally mastered all of them we gave her a trip to Chucke Cheese. When we taught her numbers and counting, we would do scavenger hunts of everydau household items. I would hide a certain number of things and give her a list of things to find and how many of each item she was looking for and then the whole family would get involved in helping her find them. She had a great time and now she is 4 and can count to 50. Hope this helps!!

Answer by redtang912 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

It's a really good book, even if you're not homeschooling. There are awesome games and crafts that are a lot of fun! I used this with my son and he loved it.

Answer by amethystrse at 9:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I taught both my kids how to read and add and subtract before they started kindergarten. Use things around your house and make it fun. With math, I used goldfish crackers and m&ms. "How many goldfish do you have? Okay eat one, now how many do you have?" Things like that. Also, you can use things they're interested in, I would ask my boys to bring me a certain number of their Matchbox cars to teach them counting. Also, you can use their toys to teach letter sounds.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2008