What is the best way of knowing when I'm ovulating. I'm 32 and I think my ovulation comes earlier than before, But I'm not sure. I cannot seem to get pregnant and it is very frustrating.

Cam76

Asked by Cam76 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Cheapest way.. ebay.. find medical grade (dipsticks) ovulations testers sold in bulk... I paid like 12 bucks for about 100. I ended up needing less than 1/2 of them before I got pregnant. I ended up reselling my left overs to another women ready to be a mom. They work just like a pregnancy test- WAY cheaper than buying a "1 week supply" kit from the store. Which is about 5-7 tests that you can only use when you think your ovulating because they cost a fortune.

The more you get frustrated- the less likely you are to get pregnant. I had a doc tell me it would take 4 years at the rate I was going- I got pissed, then changed my mind frame to what I call the "me" zone- walking, eating healthy, lowering my stress level. THREE WEEKS LATER I WAS PREGNANT. That doc saw me for my first prenate visit- first words out of her mouth- "wasnt expecting to see you so soon". Good luck. DO NOT STRESS OUT- STRESS IS LIKE BIRTH CONTROL!!!!
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i heard that the best time to try and conceive is 14 days after your period! Or if you want you can buy ovulation kits at the store! they have a box of 7 and i have even seen ones with like 20 and you i guess pee on the stick and it tells you if you are ovulating and you do that like everyday til it says you are! they can be pretty pricey though but you can get them at most stores! Hope everything works out for you and take care
    teen_mom_89

Answer by teen_mom_89 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Okay I have put this on so many answer pages so I'm sorry if I sound repetive but it worked for me after a year of trying! And many of my friends that I have recommended it to, also! Get the Book Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It tells you how to chart all of your fertility sings so you can #1 make sure you are ovualting and #2 pin point EXACTLY when it is happening. I learned SO much about my body. You take your temp each morning and pay attention to your cervical fluid as well as charting your menstral cycle. Everyone is different so going by the 14 day ovulation cycle you could just be missing it by a few days!!
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Cheapest way ever...... have sex every night :) i know for me on both my pregnancy's I got pregnant the day after my period
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008