I think my two year old has cavities...

In her four front teeth! Has this happened to any of you? I thought we were brushing good and stuff but apparently not... I feel so horrible.

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 1:05 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• white stripes is usually an indication of too much flouride. Check your water supply and her toothpaste. Most dentists won't see kids her age, but ask around for one that will. Any teeth that touch you should be flossing also. The green spots, I have no idea! Cavities usually present as a pale grey or black spot depending on the severity and location. Skip sugary drinks- juice and milk both have a lot of natural sugar in them. Kids her age only need about 8 oz of milk and 8 oz of juice per day. Anything else, give her water. Good Luck!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:23 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• my dd had them. she is almost 26 months old and had to have surgery about a month ago. she had cavities on all four top front teeth and all four molars. she doesn't drink juice or cow's milk, never had formula, doesn't eat sweets, brushed 2-3 times a day AND flossed. i think hers were caused by not ever getting flouride and drinking distilled water with no minerals, along with genetics. once she started the flouride supplement, her teeth actually remineralized over the cavities. she wasn't even 2 when we took her to the dentist :( but at least we caught it early. you should make an appointment asap because it usually takes a while to be seen.

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 3:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Does he or she sleep with a bottle?
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My SIL's friend has a little girl that had 7 cavities out of 8 teeth just because of wandering around with a sippie cup of juice all the time. She had crowns put on and two pulled and she as only 3...
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• btw- what makes you think she has cavities?? dark spots, white spots? white stripes??
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• White stripes near the gum line, and two itty bitty green spots on two of her teeth. She doesn't seem to be in discomfort. I try hard to take care of her teeth but I never really thought about the amount of juice she was drinking. I feel really awful
    brighteyesbryar

Comment by brighteyesbryar (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2010