AHSD

Im 25 with going on 4 children and am wanting to continue my education is there any online adult high school programs that i could take, that anyone knows of?
all will be appreciated

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in

• check with your local school district they should be able to give you some information on adult education
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:20 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't know of any specific programs.
    Good luck to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Don't go to any Online High Schools that aren't thru your own local school district....they are usually associated with FOR PROFIT colleges and are not above board usually.

Call you local school district and see what they can help you with.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• In most states (like Colorado and Virginia) you can not take any high school programs after you are 21. It would probably be better, cheaper, and make more sense for you to take GED classes and get your GED through a local community college (it cost me $85 in total).

I was told by several college admissions representatives after I got the GED, that they often respect a good score on a GED better than they would respect "okay" grades in high school anyway - you actually have to *learn* the material to pass the GED test, but you can skate by in school by just filling in the blanks. Know what I mean?
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm not sure about actual high school programs, but I know that here, at least, they offer free GED classes... I'm not sure how much it costs here to take the test, though...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• check @ the local library.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• check r local schools
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2011