'mommy how did the baby get inside your tummy?'

just out of curiosity, what did you tell your kids when they asked?
I was first told 'that's God's miracle', later my mom told me that she just didn't know.

boy did she get laughed at during a party with her fellow nurse friends when I said to her in front of them that she should ask her friends, that it seemed like they would have taught her how babies get into mommy's tummies when she was in nurse school!

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We believe in telling the truth. We bought a book about where babies come from. We let him have it for a few days and then I read it to him. When it got to the actual sex part, he was too embarrassed, so I skipped that part and read the last part of the story. Then he had the book and read it when he was ready. I was pregnant and he was 7.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:16 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• LOL My kids never asked how- I have had c-sections so they got to see where baby comes out, but my son did once ask if she got in there through my belly button. I think an appropriate answer though- if not going for the "gods' miracle" thing, would be to just say that the baby grows from an egg that was already there, and when mommy and daddy decide to have another one, Mommy's body helps the baby to grow until it's big enough to grow on its own.... maybe? Again, depends how old your kids are. Mine are all under five, so I respond in terms that I would use with them! :P
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My mom gave me the full medical explanation..the penis goes into the vagina..etc..lol I think I was in preschool..didn't scare me or bother me..it made me respect the way the body works..she was a nurse too, but came from a family that didn't talk about a thing so she was pretty adamant about being honest and truthful and open about things like sex with her kids. It worked well, i am grateful for it.
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think they should be told the truth, but it accordance with their age. My three year old hasn't asked, so I haven't had to worry about it!
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• WILL MY TIFFANY WAS 1 AND HAD LOTS OF ? WHICH I TOLD HER THAT MOMMY AND DADDY WAS GOING TO GIVE HER A BABY SISTER OR BOTHER TO LOVE
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 2:16 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My daughter is only 2 and has not asked questions yet. But when she does, I will tell her the truth. I don't think I ever asked my parents. I learned about sex from fellow classmates in elementary school and from being around my older cousins.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010