How many people have a lot of dragonflies this year, when they cut their grass? YUCK!!!

msE2u

Asked by msE2u at 1:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not me, but we have an amazing overload of disgusting millipedes... Ick
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:48 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We do! they are actually rather interesting bugs IMO there is a lot worse
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• They swarm around after or while you are cutting. I found out they eat mosquitos. So when you cut the grass and if it's standing water somewhere, the mosquitos lay their eggs and cause them to come out to eat them. One day I saw so many of them, I ran half way up the street with the lawnmower. It grossed me out. One of the younger guys on the block, wasn't scared and he finished the grass for free. They swarm out like that because, there is mosquitos hiding in the grass. They fly upward in the air and causes the dragonflies to come out to eat. Sounds like a horror movie. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!!!!
    msE2u

Comment by msE2u (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It's better than spiders lol
    MorningMama

Answer by MorningMama at 2:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I like dragonflies.  I think they're pretty.

But I don't like Crane Flies AKA "Mosquitoe Eaters"

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have seen several large dragon flies in the back yard this summer. More then in the past several years. Cicada's are the critters I can do without. You don't get to see them other then when they hatch out of the ground every 17 years. They 'sing' in the trees calling for a mate. They look like a fly but they are a bit larger then your thumb. Ick.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 3:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm all for any bug that eats mosquitos, but I do like dragonflies better than crane flies. I think dragonflies are beautiful, they come up to our back porch in the mornings and I enjoy watching them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:57 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We live near a few rivers and there are several ponds int the area, so we have dragonflies around all the time. I don't usually have any problems with them, except when one landed on me the other day while we were swimming (at one of the rivers).
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 1:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• nor me ladybirds we do have
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• They are harmless to humans, and eat mosquitos!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010