Ok, so I wasn't the greatest about filling out the baby book, but...

So while I wasn't the best about doing the baby book thing with my now 3 year old DD, I took THOUSANDS of pictures of her...almost daily, capturing everything...I was even fortunate enough to get her 1st steps on video. I remember how old she was with every milestone. I also have any and all drawings and colorings of hers and still have her first hair cut pieces. I have, however, began what I call "Memoirs of a 3 year old" which has all the hilarious stories and quotes she has been saying. Do you think she'll be mad when she's older that I didn't fill out an "official baby book" and did the other things? Does/Did all the other moms out there keep the baby book filled as much as possible?

wildcatmom23

Asked by wildcatmom23 at 1:50 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's wonderful that you are preserving the memories in such a way.
    I personally don't know hardly anyone that filled out the 'official' baby look like they planned. my baby brother is 29 and I think his is still in the plastic wrap!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I've actually been pretty thorough with filling out my daughters baby book and she's 14 months. So far, everything is filled in =). Have over 7,000 pictures of her as well. We do photo shoots with her every couple of months, and have her first laugh on video.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• yeah, my kids' baby books are up to date. i also have scrapbooks for them as well! :)
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 2:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm doing basically the same thing. Make your own book!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I fill out my baby books religiously. For me. For my kids. And because my parents did nothing. No note book. or scrap book. With my both my sons I kept a journal during my pregnancies, and a baby book now, I have picture books and scrap books also. I wish my parents would have done SOMETHING! You are doing an awesome job! She can't be mad at that! The only thing she would be mad at is if you kept no record. You don't need official books to show you care. To be honest I like keeping a journal better. I don't have to answer lame questions that no one cares about like current events and the price of things I don't buy anyhow lol.
    Well done. Be proud of yourself!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I dont think she'd be mad. I did a scrapbook instead
    MorningMama

Answer by MorningMama at 2:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think that is an awesome idea! I didn't write down every tiny thing in my daughter's baby book, but I have a lot of pics, too, and I intend to go through and fill it in eventually (most of it from the first year is filled in except for like one month, I think) and put the pictures in, after I get them printed. Anyone can have a baby book with some guided pictures and writing and stuff, but I think what you're talking about is really cool and unique.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think baby books are great but for me I have 3 daughters and they are all a yr apart. We have pictures of them all thru the yrs so far and I started 2 baby books but have been so busy chasing, getting after, and taking care of them all I havent had time to fill in whats missing. My husband always says I should do it after they go to bed but I am ready for bed by then too.
    hgreen83

Answer by hgreen83 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• if you remember all the milestones, fill one out for her!! sounds like you will have a lot to put in!! i am sure she will love whatever memories you have of her though!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010