How many people still own something old, that's from the 60's, 70's, & 80's ?

msE2u

Asked by msE2u at 1:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• A few toys, baseball cards, other collectible or valuable things yes... clothes or electronics no lol.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i have a sewing table from the 70's. it was the first zig zag machine made by sears (well not the exact first one LOL! first model) and i got it at goodwill for 20 bucks including the machine, table AND all the accessories and original manuel in the drawers. the machine is still in working condition! i sanded it and painted it black and it is AWESOME!
    bossyboots114

Answer by bossyboots114 at 1:59 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think DH's grandma still has canned food from the 60's 70's and 80's lol
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I own things that are over 150 years old.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The oldest things I can think of that I currently have in my house are some books from the 1880's and 90's...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Does my husband count? haha just playing!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:16 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes, and I also have a few things older than that....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:20 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have a ton of records from the 70's and 80's...movies as well from the 80's and 90's and I did have 2 sewing machines from waaay back in the day and then their is my grandma's land she gave me when she died her parents moved here from Norway to settle on that land and farm it...so that would be the thing most valuable to me is my great grandparents moving here and homesteading farm land that I now own....I do not personally farm it though..I rent it out to pay for the land taxes but all the original buildings still stand
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My MIL kept a lot of my husband's things from when he was a baby and growing up, so we now have a lot of that stuff. I have a blanket from when I was a baby. Then we have some things that are even older that is from my husband's side of the family. We have a wooden rocking chair and matching non rocking chair in my daughter's room that my MIL remembers from her grandmother's house. And we have some silver and dishes that were passed down from his grandmother.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have plenty of things from the 80's, a few from the 70's, even fewer from the 60's. The oldest things I have are some books that are from the early 1800's.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2010