how can i tell if my mucus plug has started to come out? Is this bad?

2inNovember

Asked by 2inNovember at 2:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You'll have alot of mucus discharge, usually with some blood in it. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll go into labor, I lost part of mine 2 weeks ago and they said it should re-seal itself. It just depends on how far you are and how much is lost
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i started losing my mucous plug at around 20 weeks, it is normal for it to come out slowly little by little throughout the pregnancy! it looks like a yellowish thick mucous i compared mine to jello hehe! Anyways if you are further and it has blood in it, it could be your "bloody show" in which case you can go into labor in the next 3 days, but if you aren't that far and it is just yellowish and a little bit i wouldn't worry it is normal
    teen_mom_89

Answer by teen_mom_89 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It will keep renewing itself. You might have a mucusy discharge from now till the end. If you are still early in pregnancy you should call your doctor and see if this concerns them. It's normal to loose it in the last few weeks or days of pregnancy. It could be hours or weeks until you go into labor.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I didn't notice losing mine with either of my pregnancies. It sounds like something so gross, how could I miss it, but I did.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008