How do you know if your child is getting enough to eat?

It seems like 98% of the time I sit my two year old son down for a meal he doesn't want it. For example today I made a grilled cheese sandwich and cut it into fourths, put some milk in his sippy and washed some grapes. I sat him down in his "eat seat" (booster chair) and he sat there for about 20 minutes asking to get down and play again. So I got him out and ate his lunch. I knew he wasn't going to eat it when I started making it or I would have made a separate one for me. But I had to offer you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's what we do! The kids sit down with us for their meals. They don't get anything different. They usually eat, but if they don't they will just be hungry at the next meal! :D Sometimes they don't eat well and then end up getting sick the next day - they were just not feeling well enough to eat the day before. I guess as long as they are eating good foods and growing, I don't worry about how much it is at each meal.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• all my kids are like that between growth spurts. They will go for a while eating very little, thenall of the sudden all they do IS eat.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2010