To the Educators out there...

What can a parent do to become a team with the teachers? I have read that so many parents are having problems with the schools and not working together for the best interest of the kids. What can I do to avoid this problem? My best friend is a teacher and she says parents can be so nasty. Teachers are defensive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Teachers have a very difficult job but it is the carreer they chose. I try not to be overbearing, but stay in close touch with them, usually through email. Especially if there are "issues" with grades or behavior. I think they really appreciate it when parents stay involved. It makes their job a lot easier. Just remember, they usually have 20-30 other children to deal with as well. I've also noticed that older teachers don't seem to care as much, but I think that's because they have seen it all and know when to worry. We, as parents, tend to worry about everything.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2008