Any one suffer from PCOS

does any one suffer from pcos? if so how long did it take you to get pregnant? and did u take any meds to help or not?

butterfly545

Asked by butterfly545 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I also have PCOS. I had to be seen by a specialist and go on inferility meds. It took my hubby and I about 7 months to get pregnant on the meds but it did finally work. The good news was that after I got pregnant the first time, the doctors said it wouldn't happen again without help and so we never used BC. Well 9 months later I was pregnant again, it would have been sooner but my hubby left for military reasons. Now we have three beautiful children and when he is home we have to be VERY careful since I seem to get pregnant everytime he walks through the door.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 5:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes, I dealt w/PCOS for years ... I was told that the only way I'd conceive would be with medical intervention. I refused (I was still young and not desperate just yet) and it did take 2 years of actively trying before I could get pregnant with my first child. It took 3 months to conceive my 2nd child. By that time, I had been on a low-carb diet (carbs are problematic for PCOS individuals) for a few years to treat my hyperinsulinemia - had lost a lot of weight as a result and my periods became regular for the first time ever. I charted my temperature and conceived within 3 months.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It makes it more difficult but its not impossible :) good luck
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have PCOS- we tried off and on for about 4 years, saw a specialist, and got pregnant the 2nd month on Clomid + insemination. DD just turned 2, and we just decided to begin trying (or not preventing). I'm not expecting miracles, but I will say I see fewer symptoms. Here's hoping! My OB/GYN wants us to try for another year before going back to the fertility specialist
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2010