Breathing? What's that?

I am 28 weeks pregnant and having a VERY hard time breathing. There are times I am gasping for air. I am very small for how far along I am. Up to two weeks ago people were asking if there was really a baby in there.

Has anyone else had this problem? I mean, I do know that having a hard time breathing is normal this late in pregnancy. But has anyone had problems so bad that it interfered with being able to sleep? If so, what did you do for it?

I seriously would welcome an oxygen tank at this point just to get some sleep and not wake up gasping for air.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem when I was preggo. It took forever for me to show. People would joke that they doubted that I was actually pregnant. I had breathing issues to. I had to sleep in a really cool room with a fan on to even be able to attempt sleeping. Propping up on pillows helped because I wasnt laying flat. I still had sleep issues but at least I got a little sleep
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• http://www.newbaby.com/Pregnancy_Pre-Natal+Fitness%3A++Pelvic+Tilt,+Cat+Stretch
    not only is this a good stretch for you hips and back but for me it helps to reposition my babe (she's always trying to climb up under my ribs and it hurts!!!) it might help your kiddo drop down a little so its easier to breathe
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:02 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• For me, there was little I could do for it. I was still wearing my normal jeans, buttoned and all, until I was about 26 weeks along. Getting on all fours and stick my butt in the air was a little relief, as was laying on one side. I had a hard time sitting up, in a chair, or laying flat on my back.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You may have sleep apnea that is related to the pregnancy...ask you DR. about doing a sleep study....that would be able to tell you if there are any real sleep problems...also just to let you know most of us do not know that we have a sleep problem but yet feel like we are needing to get extra air or just sleepy ...you need to know now if you are deprived of oxygen, it is important to the baby that you have enough of it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:08 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I'm hoping to make it by until then. But then again, it's almost 4am here, and I have yet to go to sleep even though I'm exhausted. I just can't seem to breath enough to comfortably fall asleep.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• This is kind of the price that you are paying for being pregnant.
    Sorry Sister.
    But this is the life.
    You need to sleep on your side,
    OR,
    In a lazy boy recliner.
    These things worked best for me.
    You can go to your clinic and ask them but they probably would say what most of us are saying.
    Good Luck.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The baby is pressing on your lungs. For me, it happened so subtly that I didn't notice how difficult it really was to breath until after the baby was born. Hopefully, your doctor will be some help.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• How are your iron levels? low iron levels can cause anaemia causing shortness of breath. Hope you get it sorted soon :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010