As a SAHM, do you still send your child to preschool?

If yes, what age?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 3:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Preschool is very important in preperation for school. It is only 3 hours 3 to 5 days a week. I would look for a 3 day a week program. It will be good for the child and you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We will be starting her in Montessori classes next month. She is 15 months. Twice a week and half days (which is the shortest we can do)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• When my kids were little i knew I could teach them the same stuff at home without preschool, it really is not that hard to do...and the social aspect can be done in many areas ...play dates, neighborhood kids, parks...ETC....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:57 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Nope I will keep them home with me as long as I can.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• would love to just cant afford it thats why i'm home cheaper to keep them
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 3:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't plan on it. I plan on homeschooling, as long as I can get my credentials, and doing a lot of play groups and sports.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:40 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Answering a question with a question I guess. Shrug.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would have but we did playdates instead. If I hadnt had the playdate group then we probably would have. I worked with my daugther and when she started school last year she was able to write her name, do ABC's, letters, etc. She has really good handwritting because i worked with her, the teachers were amazed.

My oldest went to head start and a private preschool at age 4 and i was a SAHM at that time, my second child went to preschool but i worked during those years. So with my third I decided to work with her and we did really well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My youngest is 12 but yes I sent all 4 to pre-school.They all loved going ,learned a lot including socialization skills.Friendships were formed that are still strong.Summertime play groups were formed.A mom that had an older child organized a lunch swim day rotating between our houses -all moms attended- I passed it down through my younger childrenn.Pre -school was a wonderful experience

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes. My daughter is 4. She will start on the 30th and she has been asking to go to "school" since she was 2. We went and checked it out before we enrolled her and she is super excited. She wants to get friends and learn from the teacher. So she says.

Mrs_Reynolds

Answer by Mrs_Reynolds at 4:19 AM on Aug. 21, 2010