if i have a cold sore should i not kiss my baby.. thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Health

• No you should not unless a DR. say it is okay to do so
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It would be better not to kiss your child if you are ill. There's no need to expose your child to an illness more than you would by just holding her/him. Your child knows that she/he is loved by you and holding off on kisses until you are better is a much safer choice.
    gailpen

Answer by gailpen at 4:51 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Cold sores are a herps virus (don't freak out when you see herps). There are many kinds of herps viruses, like the common cold sore you have. Your cold sore is very contagious, so by kissing on anyone you can spread it. I would suggest that you do not kiss your baby while you have the cold sore. There are many home remedies that you can follow to help the healing process of your cold sore but I would most likey use something cover the counter from like wal-mart or cvs made just for cold sores.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 5:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• NO, Do you want your baby to have that? It is contagious

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Definitely not!
    I used to work in the pediatrics unit of a hospital as a secretary when I was in college and we were not allowed to come to work if we had a cold sore.
    The ped' docs would actually give employees Zovirax which is a medication for the "bad kind" of herpes because it would clear up the cold sore in 1 - 2 days so they could come back to work sooner.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• No you shouldn't.

My DD gets them and as soon as she feels it "tingle" we put tea tree oil on it, it goes away within a day (put it on every few hours) and never breaks out into an actual blister.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:19 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I like precription Denavir for mine over the counter does nothing and Thank God I don't get them very often but like all of the PP's said do not kiss your baby or dh either for that matter
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• No!! It's hard not to kiss them. I have an rx or acyclovir and as soon as I feel that tingle, I start the 5 day regime. I've been getting them since I was 9. My mother used to get them and kiss me. I don't want my kids to get it from me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010