IS it okay to put an infant carseat on an umbrella type stroller?

I saw the episode of 19 kids and counting when josie comes home the second time and mamma duggar put josies chicco infant carseat on the umbrella stroller. is that okay? Just wondering if anyone has done that before. Is it good for traveling?

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/19-kids-and-counting-josies-2nd-goodbye.html

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 4:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Travel

• I love the duggars too, I don't know how they do it. I personally would not do it but there isn't anything holding it down or keeping it steady. But I didn't see that one of the duggars and so I'm not sure what you saw. I would just make sure that the carrier of my baby was secured to the strolled that I'm using.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 5:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• if it snaps in, yes I think its fine but if it doesn't snap in I wouldn't think it'd be safe.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:50 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• the car seat was not made for that stroller then no it is not a good idea or very safe. I do like the Duggar family and yes they made the choice themselves to have that many kids and I commend her for being able to run the household. YET, That does not mean that everything she does or any other mother for that reason is always the safest bet. As far as I know NO car seats were made to fit umbrella strollers. Makes the chance for an accident that much more high. Easy isn't always safe.

You used to be able to go into a dinner and flip the toddler hi-chair upside down, the workers would even help you. In the last 8 or so years most resteraunts will not allow you to do that for safety reasons. i.e. notice the front and back of hi-chair are different heights. Caused many infants in carseats seated in those to FALL OVER. easy but not safe.

rangerwife4life

Answer by rangerwife4life at 5:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am not sure about the Dugger thing but.... I know they do make umbrella strollers for that use with certain car seats. It wouldn't be a bad idea especially if you'll be traveling.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• it doesnt snap because there is no tray its like the carseat is facing out not mom and the handle is put all the way back and put over the stroller . its hard to explain but the link is for the video of it

djanowski775

Comment by djanowski775 (original poster) at 4:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't think we really have any place to say anything about Michelle Duggar or if she is doing something that is or isn't safe for her baby. She has raised 18 kids, so I'm pretty sure she knows what she is doing and she isn't going to put Baby Joise in any harm. So if anyone wants to ask a question about safety because they are wondering for themselves then great, but I don't think we should ask because we think someone else is doing something wrong, especially someone like Michelle Duggar.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 5:10 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• NO I am asking as an opinion for me. I will be traveling and wondering if that is bad to do? just using michelle duggar as the example of what she did so people can see the video and see what i am talking about. not bashing the duggars at all i love them.
    djanowski775

Comment by djanowski775 (original poster) at 5:12 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Not that I am aware of.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• That doesn't sound safe at all. Umbrella strollers aren't meant for that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• naw that not worth takin the chance.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2010