Do you feel ruined when your S.O talks about taking you somewhere he went with a fav. ex?

My S.O has this favorite ex. She is the only one he has smiled in every picture with, he barely cracks a grin with me in a picture when I can get him to take a picture with me. when ever he talks about something they did together it's always " we did this...... we went there......", He saved the 3 inch stack of pics of her, and stupid car she bought. He even looked her up on myspace last year just "wondering how she was doing" after he had picked a fight with me. Well I always have to hear about their trip to Canada how much fun they had. He said he wants to go I will love it " we had so much fun i know you'll like it". They were together for 2 years, and that was 15 years ago. It just ruined it for me, I would like to go one day but not with him, and his trip down memory lane. Anyone els go through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• ummm.......no. How long have you been with him for? He should not be doing that especially not to his new gf...... sure my hubby and I share stories about our ex but he better never tell me that one of his ex's is his favorite!!! If she was so awesome why aren't they together? Either way its rude and you don't deserve that nor should you put up with it. He is just inconsiderate or maybe looking for attention from you! You should tell him that its not ok and if he can't accept it then maybe you should move on to someone who will put your first not treat you like that and make you there favorite! I'm sorry but your bf sounds like a douche!!!!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• in the past a little bit with exes.... i would always know if they were talking about an ex because they would say "someone" instead of the person's name like they would in another story. if i knew that they had done this or that first it was kind of a let down. if i feel the need to share a story with my DH that involves an ex I just always say "my friend" and do this with those who were just friends too (the names are meaningless unless he knows the person) because i don't want him to think i'm comparing or reminiscing, but sometimes to talk about a place i've been or share a funny story it includes a two-sided conversation or event. anyway... i couldn't be in a relationship with someone who was obviously pining away for a lost love. what he's doing is excessive, disrespectful, and hurtful. find someone who thinks you are number one and is able to let go of the past.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• has he actually called her his favorite, or are you just naming/assuming her so? so what if you're not his first love? most people aren't with their favorite ex/first love. he's with you, and not her....so that means something went sour with her, and he found you and loves you, or did i miss something?
    quit being so immature and insecure about this. really, if he was totally wanting to be with her, he would be...or at least he wouldn't be with you. keep holding this kind of crap over his head, and your relationship will never progress and grow. you can't expect someone to forget about their past life; the past is what made him who he is today! grow up and appreciate the man for what he is, and show him some love. your acting like a spoiled child.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• He still has a thing for her 15 years later? Have you told him, him acting like he want to get back with her and talking about her like that, husrts you. Like you are not good enough.

Answer by louise2 at 7:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My DH does not have a 'favorite' ex. He has an ex that he has been with the longest, which means the did a lot of things together. He as also never looked her up on My Space or FB. That being said, he has said to me "We should go to (insert destination here), you would like it" It doesn't bother me. I just look at it as it was a place he liked and would like to share it with me and to make new memories of me in that place.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am grateful for all of the people he knew before me and maybe even someday he will be telling tales to another GF about me. Just like he is glad for all of the people I have known in my past they helped make me a better person. But she is an ex I would think about that and move on. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• all i would say is do what is best for you i hope it all works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• no because if my man was so hung up on an ex we wouldnt be together....i dont know what to tell you goodluck
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010