I want to eat EVERYTHING!!!!

I'm 20 weeks and haven't gained a single pound because of severe nausea and an aversion to basically every food besides watermelon and peaches. The past few days though, I want to eat everything. Fast food, Oreos, fried chicken, and tubs of frosting mixed with cream cheese- food that I've sworn off about 2 years ago. Right now I'm desperately craving a fried fish sandwich with cheddar cheese and mayo on a buttered bagel. How do I get around this? I really don't want to eat this crap food, especially in front of my 2-year-old (who eats VERY healthy). How do you pregnant mamas keep from digging in to unhealthy treats all the time? I don't want to get huge this pregnancy like I did with my daughter... but I'm so hungry.

soflashelley

Asked by soflashelley at 9:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is there something similar you could make yourself that will satisfy your craving? If not, you might do better to just satisfy it once, rather than obsessing over it. Don't worry too much about the "in front of your kid" thing—you can explain that you haven't eaten much at all this pregancy, and the baby is very, very hungry for certain things, in other words, make it a "special case" scenario.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Eat it...LOL You need to eat a little of what you crave, and then just take it easy. If you are craving something, that means there is something you are craving...maybe you are craving fish and carbs...both probably have a not-so-bad alternative. Let your cravings guide you, but control them and eat healthy versions of them and your cravings will probably be satified.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 9:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I was thinking about broiled fish with honey mustard dressing, some brown rice and veggies for dinner tonight...?
    soflashelley

Comment by soflashelley (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• When your body craves something it's because it needs something in it. So if it's a wicked craving just go eat it so you feel better. I know I had cravingt that would actually start to make me sick if i didn't eat them. Otherwise just trying eating several small meals a day. snack alot it should help curb the hunger.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You are not alone lol but I am 33weeks along lol
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Why not right.
    Go For It.
    You can loose the wight latter.
    Best of Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Girl you sound like me! lol...just eat it, if u are worried about the whole weight gain thing, just work extra hard after having the baby to burn it off...good luck!
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• some times you just need to get the food your body is craving out of the way, if its a fish sandwich on a bagle, look at the cal and fat content and chose a alt to that dressing. if its fried then try breading it your self and then baking it. works for chicken too. try adding fresh veggies to it and chow away!
    mommything03

Answer by mommything03 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Congrads your appetite is back. I was able to stay away from unhealthy foods during pregnancy because I don't indulge in them much when i'm not pregnant. When you feel the urge to eat junk, eat something healthy instead -- fruits, veggies, crackers, granola bars, yogurt, ect.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010