What do you prefer epidural or all natural?

I wnted to try both experiences. I went all natural, (not a single drug, the only thing in my IV was salene) and the second baby I was induced and had the epidural. The second was WAY easier on me. I was in labor for 2 days with my first, and the pain was extremely intense and I actually felt suicidal during the process. With my second, I felt like I could enjoy the experience and see what was going on, and loved that I was being a part of it all instead of sitting on a bed screaming my lungs out. What do you ladies prefer?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've only ever had all natural births......3 of them. So I guess I prefer all natural.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:34 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i am and epidural with both of mine. in fact with number two i asked to be induced and when the doc come in to break my water i told the nurse to the epidural on stand by cause i wanted it asap. and with the 3rd i plan on have another epidural.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 9:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had an epidural with my first, they waited too long to give it to me and screwed it up and had to put that needle from hell in my back twice, then gave me too much stuff which turned my world to black...passed out.... nice.... had my next two with nothing. I was never in labor very long anyways. My second I went to the hospital at 10am and had him at 3pm. My third I went it at 4am and had him at 7am.... No biggie...hell I've had kidney stones... I've got a high tolerance for pain! LOL...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had one of each. I have no preference.
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i have had natural, epidural and finally a c-section. If I had to do it again I would most definitely ask for an epidural.
    Girlzmachine

Answer by Girlzmachine at 9:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I prefer all natural. I'm not the type to scream while in pain. The most I did was wimper and I was unable to even raise my voice throughout. I was induced though, and those pitocin contractions are hard core! I ended up getting IV drugs before she was born, and I really regretted it. Next time I'm hoping to go into labor on my own before 42 weeks :)
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 9:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had 2 natural then no epidural with my 3rd but I was induced I would prefer the all natural way for all. I was a bit overdue with my 3rd so they decided to induce and that was horrible for me. Too long of labor my 1st 2 were 6 hrs each it was a breeze my 3rd was 12 hrs and not fun at all
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I've only had natural. There was no screaming or hollering for me. I had a 4 hour labor and a 5 hour.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 9:48 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I've had both and I would go natural given the opportunity. I had pitocin with my first because the doctor was impatient and wanted to speed my labor. It was so intense that I had to get the epidural. With my 2nd and 3rd I was able to labor more at home as my water doesn't break until I'm nearly ready to push. Those only took 2 hours in the hospital admittance to cuddle, both times natural and pulling a spare doctor in from the hall as mine wasn't there yet.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:48 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• With my first I had an epidural after I had been pushing for an hour and they decided to use the vacuum, so I went through labor all natural, just not the actual birth. With my 2nd and 3rd I had an epidural and I MUCH preferred the epi!! It speeded up my labor both times and allowed me to relax and actually enjoy the birth rather than being in pain and wanting it to be over!

Answer by missanc at 9:51 AM on Aug. 21, 2010