how do i make dinner?

i am about 6 wks and cant stand the smell of meat raw cooking and sometimes after its cooked my so works in the sun all day and does not want to come home and have to cook every night. neither one of us likes meals that come in a box and cant afford takeout every night. we cant do fend for yourself nights cause we have a 7 yr and 5m. how do i make dinner.

puresouthern

Asked by puresouthern at 9:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree with the nose plug idea. Also, I read that you're supposed to try to avoid things that set off your gag reflex in early pregnancy. i.e. if raw meat is making you vomit stay away from it. Is it just beef that's making you ill? If it's all meat, I would just go with the veggie meals for now. Hopefully your morning sickness will end soon!
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 9:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• suck it up! I was the same way at the begining of my pregnancy but my children deserved homecooked meals.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:34 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• look up vegetarian recipes online. i am sure you could find a lot of meals w/o having to cook meat.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• also you could get a swimmers nose plug. i shoved p.towel up there so i couldnt smell it. looks silly, but it gets the job done! lol!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• make things that you serve cold or buy the meat pre-cooked from the grocer .. salads or pasta dishes?
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Answer by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 9:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Rice! Veggies! Salad! Fruit! Pastas with tomato or pesto sauces! I know exactly how you feel actually, I'm 20 weeks and until VERY recently the only foods I could stand to even look at were certain fresh fruits and I'm a chef and culinary student. Chopping up pork butt to make sausage at school- ugh. Vicks Vaporub under the nose works wonders, even for really "stinky" foods like beef and bacon.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 9:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Then quite obviously dont cook raw mean or like products.
    Make something else.
    It is that simple.
    Or you can go to your Army, Navy Store and buy a Gas Mask.
    Best of Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• do you have a crock pot? It makes it easier... you can throw everything in without having to handle it too much.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You can always pick up a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket and base some meals on those for a while.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:51 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Some of the already made meats like the Bob Evans and Hormel meats are really good and all you have to do is zap them in the microwave. We had roast last night from Hormel and it was really good.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 21, 2010