im swelling why is my skin staying in when i mash in on it

im swelling pretty bad why is my skin staying in when i mash on my skin looks like a dent in my leg where i push in

kneel

Asked by kneel at 9:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You really should go get checked by your ob/gyn. It's possibly a sign of preeclampsia. I had it with my son and ended up on bed rest and then they induced me 2 weeks early because of it.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• retaining water!
    julz559

Answer by julz559 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It's normal to swell, but then it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia. I mean if it was all of sudden swelling and it's on your face, hands and feet then it could very well be pre-eclampsia. But if it's only on your legs and feet and then they swell when you walk or on your feet too long or sitting down too long then it's just the common water retention. Just drink more water lol I know how ironic.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• IT stinks doesn't it?? I swelled really bad with both my kids. After my son was born my feet blew up from the antibiotics I was on.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:17 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i did the same thing last year, the dr looked at it and more than likely unless it is in you face and hands too than it is pitted adema, its from water retention and the heat. keep talking to your dr about it and dont stress about it.
    mommything03

Answer by mommything03 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• dehydration-could be
    start eating healthier, lower your processed foods and fake salt etc.
    Drink more more water-add lemon if you like
    start taking probiotics
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010