What's the best night you've ever had in the hospital?

I just got to spend the night with my full-term, 3 month old NICU baby for the first time. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be in a hospital!

Asked by tyheamma at 9:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• My best night was when I gave birth to my son. I had just gotten out of the recovery room and right as they wheeled me into my room, my husband was on the phone from Iraq. We got to talk for about 30 minutes while I held our son.

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:57 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Awww, I'm so happy for you. I can't say I've ever had a good night in the hospital.

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Best? All I can think of is a "least bad" night. I really, really hate being in the hospital. It's like prison with medical equipment.

Answer by SWasson at 10:22 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't think any night in the hospital was great. I've been when both of my daughters were born and then again when my father-in-law passed away. I'm always happy to leave those places. Congrats though, on being with your little one.

Answer by scout_mom at 11:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I had a hysterectomy in April. Most nights were the regular no sleep hospital nights but on the 3rd night, I had ear plugs and no roommate. I shut the door and pulled all the curtains and sleep so good!!!

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i've never spent a night in the hospital that didn't involve some sort of worry, pain, frustration, anxiety, or fear.

but i'm happy for you!

Answer by dullscissors at 10:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm so happy for you :-)
    The only decent night I can think of was this past Monday. I had my appendix removed, Kyra was at home being cared for by my husband so I wasn't worried. And the nurse put some morphine in my IV. Slept like a baby :-)

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• bump

Answer by san78 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• With my DD (#2) About 2 days after she was born and the pain had finally subsided and she was sleeping better and DH went and got us nacho's and I got to eat nacho's in bed while holding my precious SLEEPING newborn daughter.

With DS I was in pain the whole time I was there and then some plus I was suffering terribly from PP depression even before he was born. I wish I could have had the same amazing hospital experience with him.

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yeah have to say having my son. All my other times it's due to me being deathly sick or my son being badly hurt.

Congrats on your good night.

Answer by whoreallycares at 6:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2010