If i have fibroids will i be able to get pregnant? Me and my fiance have been trying for about 7 months now and im not pregnant im starting to worry. Please if you have any ideas or anything please tell me. Ty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I found out I have a fibroid earlier in my pregnancy. I'm 33 wks. now. You need to talk to doc about that because you can have babies but there can be complications. I'm having a c-section because my last pregnancy I had one. Even if my last pregnancy wasn't a c-section it would of been possible to get a c-section anyway because of the fibroid. Plus if your 35+ your considered high risk for your baby having down syndrome, like mine. I'm getting my tubes tyed after this one.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 7:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• This is something you should be asking your Dr. He can better tell you if, for instance, the fibroids are making it more difficult or if there may be something else at play. The only thing I can do is tell you the experience of a man my husband worked with back in the 80's. This couple had 5 girls...they had 5 girls because they after the first girl, they tried for a boy...and so on. Well she began developing fibroid tumors and the Dr. told them if they wanted to have another child, to do it soon or they may not be able to. They talked about it and decided they could afford one more child and hopefully it would be that little boy. She got pregnant and 9 months later delivered a healthy happy baby boy......in a matched set of 3. I know this doesn't in any way answer your question, just thought you might find it a bit encouraging. DO discuss your concerns with your Dr.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• how old are you... if you are under 35 then Drs will talk to you about fertility treatments after actively trying for a year... if you're over 35 then 6 months
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:20 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have two boys and four large fibroids Getting pregnant was not the hard part I did have one pregnancy the fibroids caused me to lose the baby . Being pregnant with fibroids for me was extremely painful . I was told after my so was born if I wanted more children to do it fast so that what i did Good Luck
    DACIA79

Answer by DACIA79 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2010