Baptism Bible Verse

My adult friend is being baptized today and I wanted to include a bible verse in her card. Does anyone know of an appropriate verse in the Bible to reference? TIA!

kh717

Asked by kh717 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• well theres Jesus' baptism story in Matt 3:16-17 or Luke 3:21-22. Acts 2:38 is a very popular one. Mark 16:!6 is a good one for a baptism (imo you should leave out the "unbaptized are condemned to hell" part as they puts a damper on the celebration but thats just me).

also, just google "Bible baptism verses" and you should get a lot more options.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• bah! that should say Mark 16:16
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Philippians 1:3 might work. "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you."
    Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 10:31 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• you can google it an dthey give you different ones you can pick your favorite
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 22, 2010