how do you get over a heart ache at age 40!

i have been in the same relationship for 8 years and I thought I would be with him til I died! And I forgot what it felt like to have my heart hurt like this!!

julz559

Asked by julz559 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry and nothing I can say to make you feel better. Just remmeber one day at a time. Baby steps are key right now.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think heart ache at any age really sucks! Good luck to ya momma, & take care of yourself! Pamper yourself & do things you would not have done while in a relationship. Experience your freedom to the fullest.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It hurts no matter what age you are dear. Only time will lessen the pain, Im sorry to say. Let yourself grieve cry scream, then put it out of your mind as best you can and move on. Life will move on with or without you, so best to keep moving forward.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think you would do it the same way you would at age 20. Take a good long look at everything that has happened, and ask yourself what lessons you can learn from it. One thing you should have learned is that if a man doesn't make vows to be with you for the rest of his life, he probably doesn't intend to hang around for that long. After you have worked through all those things, set about learning to be happy alone. That comes from doing things for other people and making their lives better. And then, promise yourself that you will never repeat the mistakes you made with this guy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The same as any age Hon. Just try to take your mind off of it. Try to stay busy and keep your family and friends close. These things do eventually heal, I am sure you know that. If it's really bad, I do always suggest hypnotherapy. It worked for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:24 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The same way to you did when you were younger, this doesn't change, you need to deal with it and move on. Life will still go on and your heart will eventually heal, like I am sure it has before. At least you have the experience of knowing it won't kill you, hang in there moma, better things might come your way, hugs and good luck.

Answer by older at 10:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It is something that you have to do on your own that is all I know. My ex I was with him for six years..... I am still not over him and we have been separated for almost three years and since I have gotten married.....
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am so sorry that you're going through so much pain. Age is not a factor, heart ache is painful at any age, You take it one day at a time and if it gets to bad, find someone to talk to. Be strong my sister, sooner or later the ex will be nothing more than a sweet memory. I am sending you a big hug. Good luck.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010