If you get offered a flight voucher to take a bump from your flight, do you take it or do you just want to get where you're going?

We pretty much always take them so we can travel more :)

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 10:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Travel

• I would if I was alone. Usually I have one child with me and I don't want to sit around or wait til the next day.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:16 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We don't take the vouchers ... we want to get where we're going.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I almost took one when we were vacationing in Puerto Rico because they offered a flight voucher, hotel stay and $200 for two extra days vacation, but my sister (whom I was traveling with) wanted to go home.

I would say it depends on the travel situation and how necessary it is to get home ASAP.

I personally would always take them if it was just me, and I was just leaving.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 10:23 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't travel by air that much, but depends where I was going and when I had to be there, but yes I'd take one.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I rarely take them, the handful of times I have I ended up not using them and they expired. (I don't fly with one airline exclusively, I always go with the cheapest fare.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Depends if I am traveling with or without kids. If I am by myself I would take it but with the kids I do not want to make the trip longer.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Take the voucher. It adds adventure and value.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:55 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have only been offered a voucher once and we accepted but found out a few minutes later that they accepted too many so we had to stay with our original plans. But I agree with the others, it really depends on the situation and if I had to be back by a certain time.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If I had the time, I'd take the bump. But I'd ask for more than they are offering.
    MandyRowland

Answer by MandyRowland at 11:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• take the bump
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010