WWYD?

You are the leader and camping with a Cub Scout pack. There are only about 5 parents and after the boys go to bed, one of the dads (someone no one knows real well) cracks open a beer. You ask him nicely not to do drink because it's a Cub Scout function and everyone could be in trouble. He refuses to comply and preceeds to crack open 2 more in front of all the adults..... WWYD?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• hell no that would not fly. Honestly a beer at a Cub scout function? Is he a moron?
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• and if it were my kid, i wouldn't let him go on these functions if i knew the adults were drinking beer, even if it were only 1.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

• Call the police. There are rules that need to be followed.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• That is not cool. I would call the police or get him reported so he couldn't go to functions anymore.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I was a Cub Master and 2 of my sons worked at Cub Scout Weblos Adventure Camp for years. Unless things have changed in 10 years Cub packs can't go camping. Weblos can only go camping with a Boy Scout Troop. The Boy Scout Leaders would be in charge. One of the reasons Cub packs can't go camping is the adults don't have as much training as Boy Scout Leaders and don't know how to deal with situations like this.  

Too bad my son isn't here to ask about what they did at camp. I know adults and staff were arrested over the years.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• will if it were my kids and my hubby had done that i would have knocked it out of his hand i would not let that dad ever go again
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Cubs can go camping. It's a ratio thing. Like 5 scouts to 1 adult but in our pack we always said a parent has to be with the scout to avoid in liable stuff.
    Cindy18

Comment by Cindy18 (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010