Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

is this normal?

i am 31 and going through depression. all i want to do is move back with my grandma, who raised me, and live in her house with my two kids. i adore my husband but i long for the comfort i feel at her house. my husband and i are having a hard time with money and from my depression and the problems it has caused between us. i dont want to leave him but i cant stop crying cuz all i want to do is be with her and my grandpa right now.

Answer Question

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

Level 11 (536 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • I don't think it's out of the norm, No. It sounds like you are experiencing depression and you are looking for that old sense of comfort that has always worked for you. What you have to understand, though, is that these grandparents are probably too old now to take care of you and your family now. Unfortunately, you're going to have to take a big girl pill on this one and suck it up. We all want to crawl back into our youth bed, so to speak, from time to time and let others care for us. It doesn't work that way. Pull yourself up and shake yourself off, and get out there and start changing your life around how you want it to be. You'll be thankful in the end that YOU did it.

    Answer by m-avi at 10:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • You need to speak to a counselor and not seek medical advice on the internet.

    Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Can you go and visit? Maybe that would help some. hug

    Answer by elizabr at 10:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Have you been to your doctor? It could be hormonal....

    Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • sounds like u are missing the way things used to be.have u and your husband talked about anything? maybe go visit and talk to someone that can really help you.

    Answer by alyssa1 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Nope, not normal. You should seek some medical/therapist help.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • why can't you just go visit for a while?

    Answer by samurai_chica at 12:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • You need to talk to a counselor. There are free services everywhere since money is an issue. Once you are able to work on yourself, your relationship will begin to bloom again and you won't have the strong desire to return to grandma. I'm sure you will want to go back at times, but it won't be every day. I am sorry that things are so bad, but if you don't get some help for yourself, things will only get worse and not even your grandma will be able to help you. HUGS and good luck.


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Why can't you call or visit grandma? I am 50 yrs old and sometimes when I am feeling really down, I need my mother too. I call or on the phone or visit her and by the time I leave I am always feeling so much better. Talk to someone. Get the help that you need before you become to depressed to care for your children. Talk to your husband, let him know what is going on.

    Answer by debnich501960 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • I would go for a visit and see if that helps

    Answer by LiLJeni at 9:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.