Normal pregnancy feelings?........

I am worried. Yesterday and today I have been VERY dizzy, light-headed, and had a weird pain in my stomach (not my abdomen like where the baby is but higher). I just don't have any idea what could be going on. Yesterday I thought I was going to throw up several times but when I ran to the bathroom nothing would come up. And then I would get dizzy and have to lie down on the bathroom floor! And I would be sweating real bad too. I don't have a doctor yet but does this sound like normal pregnancy symptoms? It has been happening all day yesterday and so far all day today not just in the morning. I am approximately 6 weeks pregnant.

happymommy284

Asked by happymommy284 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have you been eating?? I had the same thing happen in my first trimester. It turned out my blood pressure was bottoming out and causing my blood pressure to shoot up...which would make me extremely dizzy and sick. Make sure to stay hydrated, and eat. If you keep feeling this way I would go to the ER or Urgent care clinic until you can get in with a doctor....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i read that dizziness and light-headedness is normal in pregnancy, i am not sure about the pain in your abdomen, if you were farther along i would say it is your ribs rising up cuz i went through that but there is no way at only six weeks! if i were you i would find a doctor and make an appointment, it is always better to be safe than sorry when dealing with a pregnancy, especially this early on because the first 12 weeks are the most crucial! well take care and i hope everything is ok
    teen_mom_89

Answer by teen_mom_89 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have been getting as much down as I can but not been real hungry. And maybe that could be it. I just quit smoking a few days ago and I read that can make your blood sugar level plunge also. I will just keep eating and drinking and see how I feel. Thank you for the replies!
    happymommy284

Answer by happymommy284 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• That happend to me with my first pregnancy and my doc told me I wasn't eating enough protien. As soon as I upped my protien, I felt better within a day or two. I didn't have any pain though. You may want to talk to your doc about that. Good luck.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 3:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008