Gripe water ??

How do you feel about Gripe water for colic made with organic ingredients?? could you hurt a baby giving too much of it? thoughts or ideas??

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I LOVE gripe water. Like TeaAndrews, I used it mostly for hiccups. Most moms will tell you not to worry about hiccups... maybe for their kids but not for mine! She would scream and thrash whenever she got them. Gripe water still takes them away. I also use it when I suspect she has an upset tummy. I just followed the instructions on the bottle and never worried about it. And no, I'm not one of those silly women who things "natural" means "safe". I know full well that many, many natural things will kill or injure. poison ivy is natural, so is hemlock and foxglove.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I used Gripe Water, the organic kind from my local health food store. I did not buy it for colic. I used it for hiccups. There are instructions on how much to use and how long between doses to wait. I loved the Gripe Water. It worked wonders on my son's hiccups and he would get the about 3-5 times a day. It made them go away immediately. If you are worried about it hurting your baby, consult your pediatrician.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 2:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• where can u get that at
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If you look at the ingredients on the bottle and then get a bottle of gas drops and look at those ingredients they are the same thing.
    pookie_1228

Answer by pookie_1228 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• you can get gripe water at all supermarkets, babys r us, target, walmart
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008