Have You Forgotten?

I'm listening to a song " Have You Forgotten " It's about 9/11. Have you forgotten how you felt when you watched the towers fall? When our Pentagon was hit? Do you worry about Bin Laden? Have you forgotten how you felt watching the planes flew into the towers? How did you feel? I my self actually sat and watched in horrow, and no I haven't forgotten.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was just wondering why the down votes and then I see the trolls at play here.... The usual suspects seem to ruin a lot of posts but this one imparticular it's uncalled for - it's clearly meant to get people to think about the approaching anniversary.

I personally have not forgotten, I lost a cousin on that day and my heart will always ache this time of year. I don't dwell on finding Laden and I don't blame either. Instead I mourn and I do something positive to remind myself how this nation came together after the attacks. It's disappointing that many have forgotten and that they go about their usual rude business.... I am glad I am not bitter or forgetful.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 9:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I haven't forgotten but if we let hate and fear run our lives then the terrorist win.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 11:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• No I have not forgotten, but life goes on. We cannot sit around and be filled full of hate, nor allow this to be cast upon ourselves by our government. We have been overwhelmed lately by the media trying to create a frenzy about the new Mosque, etc. Realize, it's just that media sensationalism. Everyone needs to realize that they are planning to, in reality, build this Mosque two blocks away from the actual "ground zero". We do not have to be dictated by our government to be filled full of hate for anyone.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• No, & I never will ...sadly I asked for 8 years if they had forgotten Bin Laden...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Never will--but there are better ways to memorialize those lost than through fearmongering and irrationality.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I tend to problem solve using logic and common sense peppered with a healthy dose of reasoning. IMO, the extremists are closely watching and listening. They hear the fear and see the discord and division. We should be presenting a united front based on logic, not emotions. Displaced anger/ emotion is akin to kicking your dog when you're angry at your boss...lacks any true logic and solves nothing that is tangible.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Have you forgotten how it felt that day?
    To see your homeland under fire
    And her people blown away
    Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
    We had neighbors still inside going thru a living hell
    And we vowed to get the one’s behind bin Laden
    Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers
    Who've gone away to war
    And you can bet that they remember
    Just what they're fighting for

Have you forgotten all the people killed?
    Yeah, some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
    Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
    All the loved ones that we lost and those left to carry on
    Don't you tell me not to worry about bin Laden
    Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?
    Have you forgotten?

A couple other good songs about this are courtesy of the red white and blue, And Where were you. You might like them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I haven't forgotten. Even though I was geographically far away from NYC and DC, I can still remember that day clearly. And it still grips my heart and soul.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have not forgotten Peril Harbor, either. I remember it like it was yesterday. Some things you never forget.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• didn't south park make fun of that song lol
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2010