what did obama mean when he said... anonymous this is for you!

"A widely circulated e-mail fabricates some quotes from Obama's books and twists others.
Anyone looking for Barack Obama's real sentiments about whites, blacks and Muslims won't find them in this scurrilous collection of falsified, doctored and context-free "quotations." The e-mail claims to feature words taken from Obama's books, "The Audacity of Hope" (2006) and "Dreams from My Father" (1995, republished in 2004). But we found that two of the quotes are false, and others have been manipulated or taken out of context. "

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_obama_write_that_he_would_stand.html

heatherama

Asked by heatherama at 2:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• IWhen I received the email described in your question, I fact-checked it b/c I never have read his books. I discovered it was untrue and forwarded my findings to all of my Republican friends. Though, I don't agree with most of Obama's platform, I do believe that both candidates have the right to be perceived accurately in the eyes of every American--Democrat or Republican. It's a voter's responsibility to make informed decisions based on TRUTHS.

Supporter of McCain/Palin '08
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 6:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• which anonymous? lol! They sure got a lot of balls when they hide behind the "anonymous" huh...
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 3:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• GO TO SNOPES.COM AND YOU WILL SEE THE WHOLE TEXT PER OBAMA'S BOOK!
    Anonymous

• Umm...I too received this email and yes I went to snopes.com where it showed the whole content taken from the book....the email was written wrong...and the words that Obama spoke were as follows: "To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students, the foreign students, the Chicanos, the Marxist Professors and structural feminists, and the punk-rock performance poets...We were resisting bourgeois society's stifling conventions....it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names". Is this TRUTH or not?
    Anonymous