Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

how can i get a cheap divorce adult content

husband is in prison for child molstation on his step child

Answer Question

Asked by garrison_32 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • You should be able to file fairly inexpensively. See if there is a legal program, or a victims advocates program that will help you pro bono.

    Answer by lovinangels at 11:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • ohhh mama, I am so sorry. hang on, speechless...well you can call your counties cuircut clerks office and ask them for a referral list for lawyers that do free consults..or heck tell them"I need to divorce a child predator fast and cheap". sos orry best of luck.

    Answer by Bearsjen at 11:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • go to your court website, you should be able to print out the papers and fill them out and file them yourself. And usually they have people from the court to help you if you have any questions, then all you have to pay is filing fees. Or if you don't want to do that pay a paralegal to do it for you. It's cheaper than a lawyer. good luck sweets and God bless

    Answer by cleo2582 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • If he's in proson, I think you might be able to get a "divorce" for the price of a carton of Kools, if you get my drift.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Prison, sorry.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Divorce gets expensive because of the cost of lawyers. If your DH is in jail, he obviously has no case, so you're not going to need a lawyer. To get all the paper work you need at the county courthouse, you will need to pay about $80. The courthouse has all the paper work you need to file for divorce. Here in Atl. They have a child/family advocacy place where you can ask questions & get advice for free when it comes to divorce & custody. BUT, i'm not sure every courthouse is going to have something like that.

    You will not need a probono lawyer of your husband cannot defend himself. You can most likely do this divorce without a lawyer. If you don't have a lawyer, all you have to do is write out the rights you want as a parent which will all be in your divorce packet & the judge will make the final ruling. With your ex in prison for molestation, she/he will not give him ANY rights. Trust me!

    Answer by samurai_chica at 12:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • Since obviously no court will give him custody you can file yourself. It costs about $65-80 depending on where you live. Some library websites have legal documents you can print off and fill out if not you can always get a free consult from a local attorney.

    Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.