Electronic Book

Does anyone here own an electronic book like a kindle or e-book? What are your likes and dislikes?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 11:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• I have a Nook (and yes, the B&N thing is slightly worrisome) and I love it. I read for the story, not because something has pages, so I'll take a story any way I can get it.

In addition, there are some terrific stories out there that are only available online, so I have access to more than anyone who only reads in print. It's a win-win. I still read print, but my library is infinitely expanded by also having digital reads.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 8:13 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My MIL has the Nook and it is awesome!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have eReader software on my laptop, but haven't tried it out. I love turning the pages of a book.... so I don't think I will like it. My sister is a technologywhore so she LOVES her's. Just be sure you do your homework when buying one. There is still no format that works across all platforms and currently Barnes & Nobles is being sold off.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I love, love, love my Kindle. I was really hesitant, I love books, I wasn't sure that it would work for me. There is nothing I don't like about it, except for that it's really easy to buy more books!! :) What's nice is that there are a variety of free books, and most of the new release paperbacks are $6.99 or so.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would not buy one since I love to read in the tubby and I would be afraid if I dropped a nook or a kindle in the bathtub or if it got wet at the beach or pool!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:54 AM on Aug. 25, 2010