What is a cool $5 or less gift for a 7 year old boy?

We are going to my nephew's birthday party this afternoon. He is turning 7. We are really tight on money right now but I would still like to get him something. I have girls and have no problem getting my nieces stuff but I'm not sure about little boys. So do you have any advice on anything cool we could get or make for $5 or less? Thanks

MamaSin-dRN

Asked by MamaSin-dRN at 11:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would just put the $5 into a card :) GL to ya
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would get some Hotwheels. They're around a buck each.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• A small lego building kit or some hot wheels... always a good choice!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My grandson is all into these rubber band like things now that come in shapes and can be worn around the wrists. I have no idea what they are called, but he collects them and is thrilled to get new ones. Although I haven't bought him any of them yet, I have seen them and know that they are very inexpensive.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I probably am spelling this wrong, but my grandson loves kabaugans. They are little articulated things that open up and form other things.
    Maybe a Wimpy Diary book (on sale).
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• tootoobusy - it's bakugans :)

I would suggest getting 5 Hot Wheels Cars. Boys can never have too many of those. LOL
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:58 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• what about a gift card to dairy queen or something like that
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Bakugans, Silly Bandz, cars....check clearance maybe you'll have some luck in the Target clearance section and find a $20 gift for $5 or so....
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 3:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Is he into online gaming like Free Realms? For example. You can get $5 gift cards for Free Realms that can be activated to buy things on the site. Free Realms is a free site, but they do have pd memberships and everything less. We buy our kids the cards every now and then to update their membership. They an also take it to buy things on the site for the online characters. They don't get anything physical or anything like that. It just all the online gaming stuff and buying things via the game for the game and it's characters.

I have no other ideas for $5 or less; Other then perhaps some sea monkeys. I've seen a $5 set at walmart. My 8-9 enjoy growing aquasaurs and I've sent the $5 walmart sea monkey kit to our friends that live in PA. I know they ranging from 3-12 all enjoyed watching the sea monkey's grow and feeding them.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• the braclets are called 'fun bands'
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2010