My daughter just got accepted to go to Julliard?!?

She's only 13 and auditioned for Julliard! She didnt even tell me when she auditioned. And even weirder is that she never even told me that she played piano.

Chelsea_LeBlanc

Asked by Chelsea_LeBlanc at 11:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• congrats! But how do you not know that about your 13yr old?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Congrats! How did you not know she played the piano?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• how in the world could you not know she plays piano well enopugh to go to julliard? thats really odd. congrats to her tho.:)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Congrats, but how did she get to the audition and how on earth could she be that good and you not even know that she plays the piano? Who are you getting the info from?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm sorry i had to come back to this. Mom if you didnt have a clue about something so huge in her world-what ELSE could you not know? if this is a real post, please sit down and get to know your daughter...that just makes me kinda sad. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I thought I knew everything about her. She told me a minute ago that she didnt want me to know she didnt tell why though
    Chelsea_LeBlanc

Comment by Chelsea_LeBlanc (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• did you see a letter from julliard? this just seems fishy doesnt it? but my advice, find a counselor for you both to go to, so you can get to know each other. Not trying to judge you, i swear, but that IS sad that you didnt know something like that, and sad she isnt sharing. it can get better. take care mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:51 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Did she actually audition at Julliard in New York? (I'm not familiar with Julliard as to whether there is only one school based in NYC or if there are other "satellite" schools.) This could be one HUGE scam, do NOT send anyone money.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• what? I don't get it.... how do you NOT know your daughter plays piano? She has to be amazing to be accepeted at Julliard... yet she doesn't practice or take lessons?? Does she not live with you??
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• how did she manage to do that?? congrats to her..but how wouldn't you know??
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2010